Improved Signage & Wayfinding
The York BID will set forth to redesign the city's current wayfinding and signage. A new scheme will respect and enhance inherited character of the city centre whilst sending out a clear signal that York is a thriving contemporary city. This project aims at implementing a consistent system that will effectively tie in pedestrian information for the business improvement district and include:
- Highlighting the location of businesses (retail offerings in particular).
- Streets housing, areas of independent shops, such as Micklegate, Gillygate, Goodramgate & Fossgate/Walmgate.
- Attractions and museums.
- Bus interchanges/ park & ride routes /Car and coach parks / taxi ranks.
- City centre squares & gardens.
- Civic buildings and facilities e.g. public toilets.
The BID is also exploring options to implement a corresponding digital app that will sit alongside the physical wayfinding system.
We are working closely with city partners and agencies to ensure that all existing systems will be integrated and cohesively managed.